Component Developments - Stainless Steel Drainage Channels
Stainless Steel Drainage Channels - Manhole Covers
Component Developments is a market leader in the design, manufacture and supply of stainless steel drainage channels and associated products and, having built a reputation for responsiveness and quality, is one of the leading suppliers to the construction industry.
With over 20 years experience in the industry we pride ourselves in providing our customers and specifiers with technical advice and support from design through to installation, working on the principle of supplying a quality product in a lead time to meet site requirements.
Our factory in Telford, Shropshire has been awarded ISO 9001:2000 and is equipped with the latest computer numerically controlled machinery, to ensure accurate and cost effective production. Utilising a vastly experienced workforce, we produce a range of products, specifically designed to meet our customers individual project needs: specification, budget and project schedule.
What is a drainage channel?
A drainage channel is placed within the floor, to reduce the number of individual drainage points.
The system is designed with gratings to allow drainage into the stainless steel channel, while carrying various loads, and is is manufactured from stainless steel to create a water tight system that can include a built-in fall to any number of outlet options.
Component Developments offer a comprehensive range of stainless steel drainage channels to suit any application and floor finish, combined with the ability to produce bespoke systems to meet site requirements.
- High standard of hygiene – health hazards associated with cracks or seepage at joints are eliminated
- Built-in fall means no surveying equipment required. Levelling bolts provide fine height adjustment
- Channels manufactured on CNC (computer numerically controlled) equipment. Minimal welding reduces bacteria breeding traps. Where welds are necessary (stop ends, junctions, outlets), they are ground as smooth as is practical
- Mechanical joint system. Strong proven joint, no failures over the last 20 years. Gasket allows slight tolerance on site and allows expansion of channels
- Electrolytically polished. This hygienic finish has proven low-count swab test results. Also reduces potential corrosion in aggressive environments
- Choice of gratings. Mesh type for deluge situations, pressed for wash-down. Loadings from pedestrian to 5 ton forklift traffic
All our stainless steel drainage channels are designed to be used in conjunction with the 5000 series gullies, with the 3000 and 6000 series utilising the 4000 series gratings.
3000 Series – Standard Drainage Channels
- Strong, hygienic, functional & attractive solution to floor drainage design
- Minimum channel depth of 50mm
- Ideal for use where there is a lot of water or waste matter, direct discharge from process equipment into floor drainage creating deluge and turbulence and where channels interconnect with a number of gullies
3600 Series – Super Compact Drainage Channels
- Clean & unobtrusive appearance fits flush with the floor & has no gratings
- Easy-to-clean system which is cost effective
- Conical shaped channel ensures a free flow of waste
- Minimum channel depth of 50mm (constant depth) or 65mm (built-in fall)
6000 Series – Modular Channels
- Economy system strictly restricted to 155mm overall width
- Shallow minimum channel depth of 40mm
- Suitable only for tiled, concrete or resin floor finishes(resin finish will require expansion angle EF)
Channels are manufactured from austenitic stainless steel grade 304 of 316 to BS 1449 part 2 1983 in lengths only limited by transportation & site logistics.