Piller UK - Rotary UPS
UNIBLOCK™ - POWERBRIDGE™ - UPS - Rotary - DRUPS - DeRUPS - Energy Storage
UNIBLOCK™ & POWERBRIDGE™ Offer
Piller is the undisputed world leader in the supply of rotary high-performance UPS and power conditioning products, providing peace of mind protection of mission-critical operations to some of the leading names in the financial, broadcasting, data centre, industrial and aviation sectors.
Piller’s rotary offering, the UNIBLOCK™, provides high efficiency, greater than 20-year service life and ease of maintenance, resulting in the lowest overall Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), such that our solutions are equally suitable for smaller installations where reliability is paramount.
The market-leading capacity and dynamic performance of our POWERBRIDGE™ kinetic energy store also makes our products extremely suitable for critical process manufacturing and applications where grid stability and frequency control is of vital importance.
Rotary Product Offerings
Piller’s rotary UPS solutions are built around the renowned UNIBLOCK™ system, delivering outputs from 150 kVA to 50 MVA in both independent and diesel-based configurations with a range of energy storage options. The latest evolution, the UNIBLOCK™ UBT+ offers over 97% efficiency, the highest levels of reliability and versatility, making it ideal for new and existing installations utilising RUPS, DRUPS and DeRUPS™ topologies.
Piller also offers the POWERBRIDGE™ kinetic energy storage system, a vertically-mounted flywheel which is electrically connected to the UNIBLOCK™, providing the longest ride-through times available in the industry today.
The unique operation of this device results in unparalleled performance in terms of frequency stability whilst minimising the number of diesel engine starts when deployed in a DRUPS or DeRUPS™ configuration.
Rotary Product Range
- UBT+ 560 kW to 2,700 kW RUPS
- UBTD+ 560 kW to 2,700 kW DRUPS/DeRUPS™
- UBR 150 kVA to 1,300 kVA Hybrid RUPS
Energy Storage Options
- Battery (typically 5-30 minutes)
- POWERBRIDGE™ kinetic energy storage (6-21 MWSecs)
- Diesel Engine (in either DRUPS or DeRUPS™ configuration)
- DeRUPS™ Systems
- Isolated Parallel (IP) Bus
Why Piller Rotary UPS Technology
- Reliability levels are several times higher than those of static UPS
- Lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- No capacitors or fans, so ‘fit & forget’ technology
- Wide range of energy storage options (battery or electrically-coupled POWERBRIDGE™ kinetic energy store)
- Ensures effective downstream discrimination in all modes of operation
- POWERBRIDGE™ offers the best available ride-through & recharge times in the market
- Maintenance, when required, is entirely in-situ with no factory returns required
- Small footprint providing high power densities & innovative configurations (e.g. IP-Bus)
- Diesel options can be directly coupled (DRUPS) or electrically connected (DeRUPS™)
- Highest quality after-sales support delivered through an extensive & highly-qualified service team
- Systems available at both low & medium voltage
- Containerised & water-cooled solutions offered
Enhanced Operational Efficiencies
Piller’s UPS offering is truly best in class with a number of UBT+/UBTD+ rotary as well as AP Premium+ static UPS products being eligible under the UK Government’s Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) Scheme, which rewards the adoption of high-efficiency technology through accelerated capital allowances.
In addition, Piller’s in-built Power Economy Management feature ensures low operational losses where load levels are cyclical or difficult to predict.