IMC - Company History
Originally founded in 1906 by Harold Beckett, the first products manufactured at IMC were potato peelers and silver burnishers.
Food waste disposers were introduced in 1956, an idea that was years ahead of its time in Europe. The product range then grew through the introduction of waste compactors in the 1970s, and the WastePro waste treatment systems in the 1990s.
In 1984, IMC launched the Bartender stainless steel underbar system. The Barcooler modular backbar refrigeration was introduced two years later along with ‘Frostar’ glass frosters and Mistral single and double door bottle coolers.
In 2006, IMC combined all of its manufacturing into one site in Wrexham, this allowed IMC to provide products that combine quality and style with value for money and peace of mind. On October 8th 2007 The Princess Royal officially opened the new manufacturing plant and headquarters and helped us celebrate our centenary.
A New Chapter
At the end of May 2011 IMC became a wholly owned subsidiary of Middleby Corporation. With this new ownership, IMC continue to innovate and produce award winning products such as the WasteStation, the WastePro II and the Remote WasteStation.
Imperial Machine Company
Unit 1 Abbey Road
Wrexham Industrial Estate