Armitage Shanks - Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the drop down links below to read a frequently asked question:
What are the benefits of using a mixer tap?
Most Ideal Standard mixer taps include a factory fitted 5 litre per minute flow regulator that will reduce your water consumption by a significant percentage. Simply replacing your old tap with a new mixer tap will allow you to use significantly less water while delivering the water at just the right temperature for your needs.
How does your Trevi Boost work and what is the Venturi Principal?
Trevi Boost shower controls use a Venturi valve which enables high pressure cold mains water to pull through lower pressure hot water. The resulting mixed water for the shower comes out at a much greater rate than could be achieved using an electric shower or ordinary shower mixer.
The Venturi principle works because a faster moving fluid has a lower pressure than a slower moving one. It's this pressure difference that enables it to draw through hot water without using a pump. This same principle works over the top of aeroplane wings to generate lift.
What are the available solutions for reducing water and energy consumption?
Water is the most valuable resource on Earth. It is therefore crucial for us to learn how to manage our water requirements responsibly. Ideas to reduce your household water usage include:
- Many Ideal Standard cisterns are equipped with a dual flush mechanism that allows for two different levels of flush, the full 4 or 6 litres as well as a smaller 2.6 or 4 litre flush.
- Ideal Standard taps fitted with Click Technology mechanism reduce the water flow by 50% when the tap’s handle is in the halfway/click position. Water flow can of course be increased to the full if required. By choosing Ideal Standard taps with Click Technology mechanism, you have the ability to determine the maximum water temperature, for increased safety and further energy saving.
- Installing a flow limiter on your basin, shower or kitchen tap will restrict the maximum flow of water to 5 or 8 l/min.
- Ideal Standard thermostatic fittings allow you to quickly and safely customise your chosen water temperature and set a maximum safe limit of 40oC.
- Replace your old showerhead with a new one from the Idealrain shower fitting range. These showerheads ensure a maximum flow of 8 l/min with their built-in flow limiter.
- All Ideal Standard taps come with a flow limiter installed as standard.
Where can I find further details on product dimensions?
For further technical production information please visit the Ideal Spec website.